- Grants & Scholarships
- Planned Giving
- Donor Marketplace
- Become A Donor
Grants & Scholarship Opportunites
Applying for Grants
The Portland Foundation encourages requests from any new or existing charitable organization or community agency in Jay County. Grant proposals must have direct relevance to Jay County charitable needs.
Areas the Foundation wants to support are:
- Start-up costs for new programs
- One-time projects or needs
- Capital needs beyond an applicant organization’s capabilities and means
Generally, the Foundation does not support:
- Individuals, other than scholarships
- Religious or sectarian purposes
- Make-up of operating deficits, post-event or after-the-fact situations
- Endowment campaigns
- Propaganda, political or otherwise, attempting to influence legislation or intervene in any political affairs or campaigns.
Requests are reviewed and voted on twice a year. Deadline dates are typically in January and July and are announced in the local media.
Applying for Scholarships
Students from across Jay County are given the opportunity to learn at an institution of higher education through scholarship funds established at The Portland Foundation by generous donors. Applications for Jay County High School seniors are due annually in February. The Foundation also offers a limited number of scholarships to current college students. Applications for summer scholarships are due each July.
With total assets exceeding $19.0 million, the Foundation awards grants and scholarships annually, and has distributed over $12.1 million since 1951. Contributions made to the Jay County community include:
|Arts & Culture||$104,978||$2,506,542|
| Community Development
|Health & Human Services||$34,310||$1,125,540|